- Definition of “Personal Information
- What Type of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Use of Personal Information
- Use of Non-Personal Information
- Privacy Protection
- Updating of Personal Information
- Internet Security Features
- Username and Password
- Opting Out of Company Surveys, Inquiries and Customer Information
- Links to and Privacy Policies of Other Websites
- Products and Services to Connecticut Residents Only
- Contacting Us
- Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
We collect both personal information and non-personal information about you. Certain information will be provided to us as soon as you visit our website. This includes your internet protocol (IP) address, information regarding your browser, the date and time that you visited the website and information regarding any website that referred you to this website.
We may collect also collect information about you that you provide to us, such as:
- Information that you provide us in order to set up an account on our website;
- Information that we receive from you on applications, forms, or requests for health insurance quotes that you submit on our website;
- Information that we request from you in order to complete to complete a form, application or request for a health insurance quote or process a transaction that you have authorized; and
- Information about your transactions and experiences with us that we may requestfrom you as part of our routine quality assurance or customer inquiries or surveys.
We may also collect information about you by using “cookies.” A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree to accept a cookie, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow a website like ours to respond to you as an individual and to tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For instance, when you sign into your InsuringCt.com account, a cookie may be used to remember your name, username and email address. This information will then be recalled the next time you visit our website from the same computer so you don’t have re-enter it in order to make your experience with our website faster and easier. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We may also use web beacons which track and monitor the ways that you use our website. We may also use clear gifs, which are similar to cookies except that they are smaller and invisible on our website page, to track your online movements. By using clear gifs and web beacons, we can provide more personal service to you by providing you with information, or recommend certain services or products, that we think you might like based on your previous usage of our website and your online movements in general.
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including but not limited to: information that we receive from external sources, including but not limited to credit reporting agencies, to determine your creditworthiness or to verify the information that you have provided to us; public information; information that we have received from our partners who may have referred you to our website; and information that we receive from any persons or entities to whom you have submitted forms or applications to, or requested quotes from, through our website.
We will not sell, exchange, give away or otherwise transfer any of your personal information to any outside person or entity. We will not reveal or disclose your personal information to any outside person or entity, except to the following outside persons or entities in the manner described:
- To Insurance Companies, Licensed Insurance Agents and Brokers and to authorized Health Savings Account (HSA) Trustees or Administrators. If you submit any application or form for an insurance policy or other insurance product offered through our website, or request a quote for any such insurance policy or other insurance product, then we will disclose your personal information to your chosen insurance company to process your application, form or request. If you submit any application or form for an insurance policy or other insurance product offered through a licensed insurance agent, agency or broker with whom we are associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that agent, agency or broker in order to process your application, form or request. If you submit an enrollment form for a health savings account ("HSA") offered through an authorized HSA trustee or administrator with whom we are associated, then we may disclose your personal information to that trustee or administrator to completer your enrollment into the HSA. We have informed these companies that they are only allowed to use your personal information for the limited purpose of processing your application, form or request for a quote. These companies are contractually obligated to safeguard and to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We have also confirmed that these companies have their own privacy policies in place.
- To Our Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to other
- companies that help us process your insurance applications, forms, requests for quotes or provide you with the services that are offered through our website. For example, we may provide your personal information to a credit reporting agency to verify your creditworthiness. We have informed these companies that they are only allowed to use your personal information for the limited purpose that we have provided your personal information to them. These companies are contractually obligated to safeguard and to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We have also confirmed that these companies have their own privacy policies in place.
- To the Extent That It Is Legally Required or Authorized. We may disclose or report your personal information when we have reason to believe that the reporting or the disclosure is or may be required, or reasonable and authorized, under applicable law, for example, if we are under a court order to disclose such information, to cooperate with law enforcement authorities or to resolve any disputes that may arise between you and us. Unless we deem that it would not be legal or appropriate in any given situation, we will endeavor to notify you in advance before any of your personal information is disclosed or reported.
Non-personal information about you, including your IP address, information regarding your browser, the date and time that you visited the website and information regarding any website that referred you to this website, may be used by us for our internal purposes, including marketing purposes and in order provide better service to you and to our other customers. Non-personal information may be shared by us to any other third parties without restriction, unless we are prohibited by applicable law from sharing this information.
Pursuant to Section 42-471 of the Connecticut General Statutes, it is our policy to protect and safeguard your personal information, other than any of your personal information that is generally available to the public, by doing the following:
- Safeguard any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information from any misuse by third parties;
- Destroy, erase or make unreadable any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information prior to their disposal;
- Protect the confidentiality of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Prohibit the unlawful disclosure of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Limit the access of your Social Security number and other personal information only to our employees who need access to your personal information in order to allow us to provide the products and services that are offered through this website, and to limit the access of these employees to extent that it is needed, and to otherwise impose restrictions on our employees and to impose reasonable safeguards to prevent them from accessing your personal information;
- Make reasonable efforts to train our employees to protect the privacy of your Social Security numbers and other personal information when they are first hired and on a regular and ongoing basis;
- Implement reasonable procedures to identify where your personal information is stored on our website and within our company and to maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in order to safeguard your personal information wherever it is stored.
In the event that there is ever a breach of security regarding your personal information, we intend to comply with the requirements of Connecticut General Statutes Section 36a-701b, and any other applicable federal or Connecticut state laws, regarding the notification and disclosure to you of the circumstances surrounding the breach.
We are posting this section regarding privacy protection on our website, in compliance with the public display requirements of Connecticut General Statutes Section 42-471.
If you would like to correct or update your personal information, you may contact us by email at: email@example.com or by regular mail at: 19 South Compo Rd. Westport, CT 06880. We may ask you for certain information verifying your identity prior to updating your personal information. In addition, you may update your name, email address and password and other personal information by logging into your personal account on this website and following the instructions to change your username or password and/or to update your personal profile page.
Please note that once any application, form or request for insurance quote has been submitted through our website to any health insurance company; licensed agent, agency or broker; or HSA trustee or administrator, you may have to contact that person or entity directly in order to update any personal information that is contained in the document that you submitted.
Please also note that we will never contact you by email asking you to input or update your personal information. Please notify us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: 800-788-0241 if you receive such an email, and do not reply to this email as the email may be fraudulent.
- SECURE SOCKETS LAYER (SSL) TECHNOLOG. Any time that you submit personal information on our website, we will encrypt this personal information using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology in order to provide you with the safest, most secure internet commerce experience possible. SSL is the most widely used data encryption coding system for secure internet commerce transactions. All of the applications and forms on our site are secured with SSL technology, which means that your credit card numbers and other personal information is always encrypted before it is sent or received over the Internet. For security reasons, if your internet browser software doesn't permit SSL encryption you won't be able to submit an application, fill out any forms on our website or open up an account. Up-to-date browsers will typically work just fine, but there are a few older browsers that may not support this technology.
- FIREWALLS. Our servers are protected by secure firewalls, which is a communication system that is specially designed to keep information secure and inaccessible by other users of the internet. So if you choose to store your credit card numbers and other personal information with us by registering an account, the firewall will prevent the personal information from being accessed by other users of the internet.
- ENSURING THAT YOUR TRANSACTIONS ARE SECURE. You can tell ifyou are visiting a secure area within our website by looking at the symbol on the bottom of your browser screen. If you are using Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you should see a padlock. When the padlock is in the locked position, your session connection is taking place through a secure server.
If you create an account with us, you will be asked to input a unique username and password. You will not be allowed to use a username that has already been assigned to another user of this website. The password that you choose should be between 6-20 characters long and it should contain a combination of letters and numbers. You should not choose a password that is readily ascertainable by other people, such as your name, social security number, birth date, home address or other information that can be readily identified with you as an individual. You should never share your password with anyone.
If you forget your username, we can email that to you as long as you input the email address that you gave us when you opened your account. If you forget your password, we can send your password through email, provided that you gave us your email address when you opened up your account, provided that you input your email address and your username. If you do not recall either your username or your password, please contact us at: email@example.com and we will try to assist you.
We may contact you to inquire about your satisfaction with the services and theproducts that we offer through our website; to complete customer surveys and/or to notify you of additional products and services that we offer. You have the right at any time to opt-out of any of these inquiries, surveys and notifications and if you exercise your right to opt-out, we will not contact with regard to these inquiries, surveys and notifications.
If you want to opt-out of these inquiries, surveys and notifications, you may contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at: 19 South Compo Rd. Westport, CT 06880. We also provide you with a link to opt-out of these inquiries, surveys and notifications in any inquiry, survey or notification that we send you via email or provide you with a box that you can check off and return to opt-out of these inquiries, surveys and notifications in any inquiry, survey or notification that we send you via regular mail. Please note that you will still receive communications from us regarding any insurance application, form or request for a quote that you receive from our website even if you opt out-of inquiries, surveys and notifications.
We are not responsible for the protection of your personal information when you visit any other websites besides this website. We are also not responsible for the privacy protection practices of any company that we do not own or website which we do not operate. So please be careful and responsible whenever you are using any other website that you have linked to or have been directed to from this website. While we strive to protect your personal information, by among other things ensuring that our affiliates and the persons that we are associated with have their own privacy policies in place, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information that is submitted to any outside person or entity or to any other website besides this website. So any personal information that is submitted by you to any outside person or entity or to any other website besides this website, whether or not the submission is done directly or indirectly through this website, is done at your own risk.
By email at: email@example.com
By regular mail at: 19 South Compo Rd.
Westport, CT 06880
By telephone at:800-788-0241